Friday, November 19, 2010

Insulating firebricks for sale.

Insulating firebricks for sale.

"I bought some insulating bricks yesterday. They are new K23s and K20s, 9" x 4 1/2" x 2 1/2". "

"They are $1.50 each, and are palletized in the following numbers of bricks per skid: 888, 843, and 4 skids of 1036 bricks - all K23s; there are 836 palletized K20s. - and can be fork-lifted onto a truck. "

"They're here in Huntingdon, PA.
Of course they can be unstacked and loaded individually if there's some bluegrass playing nearby to set the pace and mitigate some of the tedium.  No hurry, but please let me know your intentions when it's convenient."

Jack Troy
Containment 

I have picked up, moved, shaped,
and lightened myself of many tons of clay,
and those tons lifted, moved, and shaped me,
delivering me to this living-space
I wake and move about in,
space perhaps equal to that I have opened and enclosed
in plate, cup, bowl, jug, jar.
I am thankful no one ever
led me to the pit I'd help to make in Earth,
or showed me all the clay at once.
I'm grateful no one ever said, There.
That heap's about a hundred fifty tons.
Go make yourself a life.
And oh, yes, here's a drum of ink.
See what you can do with that.
I wouldn't have known where to begin.

from, "Calling the Planet Home" by Jack Troy. 

Jack's website:  http://www.jacktroy.net/ 

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful!
    I'm glad that you shared it Terry.
    The poem "Containment" is such a great thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ordinary dense clay fire bricks absorb and retain heat. Lightweight insulating fire bricks have low thermal conductivity and do not absorb heat well. These products are much softer and incorporate tiny air pockets that exhibit insulating properties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. North Refractories Co.LTD Insulating Firebrick Branch Specially produce ranges of high temperature insulating fire brick(IFB) with a application temperatures from 2,300°F(1,260°C) to 3,200°F(1,760°C). NRCL produce typical grade bricks and meanwhile accept orders for specific thermal and physical requirements.

    ReplyDelete